Tucson’s #1 Most Trusted In-Home Care!
PROVIDING IN-HOME CARE FOR LOVED ONES IN TUCSON, AZ AND SURROUNDING COMMUNITIES
Senior (Elder) Care
It takes a special kind of person to offer care on a regular basis to your family member in need. Most seniors prefer to stay inside their own house and rely on friends and family members to assist them with everyday activities. However, what do you do if you see that your loved one struggling with some of the fundamental tasks of living, like bathing, dressing, personal hygiene, making meals, doing the dishes, remembering to take their drugs? Family members are often too busy with their children, grandchildren and daily tasks to properly attend to elderly family. How will they meet the demand for help of the elderly parents? A trained, compassionate caregiver having experience in caring for the elderly will probably come into their house and help them with each of the tasks they require.
Proudly offering in-home care services in Tucson, Oro Valley, Green Valley, Sierra Vista, Catalina Foothills, Flowing Wells, Marana, San Manuel, Casas Adobes, Drexel Heights, Mammoth, Sahuarita, Vail, Tanque Verde, and all surrounding areas!
If you decided to hire an in-home care provider but have some concerns about safety in the home, try making the following changes:
- Install hand railings on every stairway.
- Improve the lighting around the home. Install motion lighting outside and make sure indoor halls have adequate lighting, particularly from the bedroom to the bathroom.
- Install necessary grab bars in the bathroom. Consider putting in a step-in tub so they don’t have to step over the sides of a regular tub.
- Replace door knobs with lever handles to make opening and closing doors easier.
- Put all items used regularly on shelves that can be reached without the use of a stool.
- If a walker or wheel chair is being used, is there enough space to maneuver from room to room without any trouble?
Most falls are preventable. Sadly, some estimates are 30% of seniors will experience a fall inside their home. There are steps you can take to lower the risk for your aging parent. Help your senior loved one avoid falls by doing the following:
- Remove loose rugs and phone or electrical cords trailing across pathways.
- Remove clutter so it can’t become a tripping hazard. Small items shouldn’t be stacked up near walking pathways.
- Fix uneven flooring, loose edges of carpet or thresholds that aren’t level
- Install a vertical grab pole going from the floor to the ceiling beside the bed, favorite chair and sofa
If you or an aging loved one, or are considering elderly care services in the home, please contact our staff at Placita In Home Care (520) 221-2083. We provide quality Home Care in Tucson, Green Valley, Oro Valley, and Surrounding Areas!
Simple and Affordable Rates
At PLACITA IN-HOME CARE, our pricing is straight forward and affordable. We work with any budget and customize a care plan to meet every need and every goal of each client. We take pride in making our services accessible to anyone that needs them.
Our Caregivers are screened by a former Federal Law Enforcement Officer and a Registered Nurse to ensure we have a high quality and professional staff. We take every measure to ensure your loved one is cared for with integrity and compassion.
FREE Safety Check
Falls are a serious safety concern as our loved ones age. At PLACITA, we conduct a free home safety evaluation whether you choose to use our services or not. Call today and schedule your free home safety evaluation and consultation.